BC Online School is a division of Heritage Christian Online School and is under the independent school branch of the BC Ministry of Education. We are a distributed learning (DL) school for grades 8 to 12 students in British Columbia, Canada. Students looking for more information can view our Course List to see the broad range of courses we offer. To take a course, please visit our Sign-Up page!
FREE Grade 10-12 Courses (funded by the Ministry of Education in BC) for:
- Students currently enrolled in a Secondary School
- Non–Graduated Adults - 19 years or older. There is a $50 application fee.
- Graduated students may qualify for funding based date of birth. Contact our office for more information.
- Students are required to pay for any textbook (prices vary based on the subject). Please note that only 8 out of our course selection (over 100 courses) require a textbook. Students will be informed prior to course enrollment whether the course they’ve enrolled in requires a textbook and how much it is. This is done when the student calls to go over their application.
- If you live outside our Proctored Exam Test Centre catchment (1 hour driving time) for either our Kelowna or New Westminster location, there will be a $50 Proctored Exam fee to schedule a session at a Sylvan Learning Centre or Post-Secondary Institution in your area.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Student and Parents/Legal Guardians must reside in BC (paying BC taxes)
- Student must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Parent must hold a valid work/study permit
- Graduated Canadian Adult (19 years or older) - $650 plus the cost of textbooks if applicable.
- International students (residing in BC) – $875 per course plus the cost of textbooks if applicable.
Courses are $200 each. For more information click here.
2017-2018 Enrollments Open
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is now open.
Monday to Thursday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.