Summer School 2020 Information
Summer Session is now closed for 2019. Please apply for first term courses.
- If you are taking a course that is a pre-requisite for your September timetable you will need to complete the course no later than August 1st, 2020 in order for your school to receive the final grade.
- Students who do not need a final grade by September 1st have the option of continuing courses into the fall semester.
- All registrations can be completed online by clicking the Sign Up tab on the menu above.
- After registration, you need to phone the office. A school representative will go over your application with you to ensure it is complete.
- Once enrolled, a student can start the course immediately.
FREE Grade 10-12 Courses (funded by the Ministry of Education in BC) for:
- Students currently enrolled in a Secondary School
- Non–Graduated Adults - 19 years or older. There is a $75 application fee.
- Graduated students may qualify for funding based date of birth. Contact our office for more information.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Student and Parents/Legal Guardians must reside in BC (paying BC taxes)
- Student must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Parent must hold a valid work/study permit
- Graduated Canadian Adult (19 years or older) - $650 plus the cost of textbooks if applicable.
- International students (residing in BC) – $925 per course plus the cost of textbooks if applicable.
Courses are $200 each. For more information click here.
- All work and unit tests are done online. The teacher will determine if any additional methods need to be taken including the need to be supervised over Skype.
- Communication with the teacher is done online through live Skype, Blackboard Collaborate, or email.
- Academic courses will require a supervised final exam.
- Proctored exam dates are available in Moodle. For information on provincial exams see below
- Students working responsibly in the course can continue to work in the fall as students have up to a year from application to complete the course. Due to technology / program upgrades and teacher turn around and training that takes place the last two weeks of August, students will not be able to work online from August 17th through September 3rd.
- Grade 12 summer final marks will be reported directly to the BC Ministry of Education.
- Grade 8-11 final marks will be reported to the student’s school of record.
- All students are required to purchase their textbooks.
Summer School Courses Offered:
- All of our courses are offered for summer term completion, with the exception of language courses and AP courses.
- Due to an increased workload, AP Courses may be started but not completed in the summer term.
Provincial Exam Information:
- Various courses have a provincial exam of which are mandatory.
- As per the BC Ministry of Education policies "The Ministry will no longer provide Grade 12 exam writing sessions at post secondary institutes across the province. For those exams offered, students will write at local school or district locations."
- Please contact your district/school to determine exam availability and registration procedures in your area. BC Online School will set up an exam center in Kelowna and the Lower Mainland. Students in these areas need to let us know of their intention to write the exam, and to reserve an exam seat.
- Not all Districts/Schools will be hosting August Exams. The majority of districts will not accept out of district students. In the event that a student is not able to locate a district to write in for August, they will have to write in the next available exam session offered in their home school.
- Only mandatory provincial exams are offered during the summer term.